ALL RADIO SHOWS IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER

Monday, July 9, 2012

Interesting Findings

While on my search for old time radio shows, I sometimes come across an interesting find. I search the public domain records for lost recordings of radio shows and events. Naturally, I am bound to find things that have to do with the radio world, but are not old time radio shows.


As I find new things, I will put the links in this article. You can check these things out and let me know if you find these things as interesting as I do. It takes a lot of time to search the public domain and to copy these files. Please leave your comments and let me know if you enjoy these findings.

The first link is for a magazine that was published in 1926, called Talking Machine World.  After World War I ended in 1918, radio stations were given back to civilians. The phonograph and radio were becoming a more common fixture in most homes and many Americans owned one.

You can check out the advertising methods that were used back in this time and see the latest innovations in the radio and phonograph business. Go to http://oldtimeradiolover.com/2012/talking-machineworld-magazine-from-1926/ and check out pages from this magazine that were published throughout the year 1926.

old time radio magazine
Talking Machine World Magazine from 1926

No comments:

Post a Comment